Christmas & Beyond - Still Stuck on Dimensional Blocks

There is quilt life after a holiday and I'm looking forward to returning to unfinished quilt tops. My commitment in 2011 is to finish, finish, finish. I will restrict my new project indulgence to one-block projects because I know I can't go a week without starting something new, cutting and sewing different fabrics. I have a finished jewel box with all Jinny Beyer fabric that I want to quilt on a long arm. I've sacrificed two very old, unfinished tops to practice and am not ready yet. If there are other long arm wannabe's or beginners, I highly recommend joining Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims thequiltshow.com. Linda Taylor's long arm videos are excellent. I now know how important getting the quilt set up correctly is. It's not just about the hopper!

Here are a few of the latest, the tulip pillow is finished, the other two will be by end of week.

The following wall hanging was a project for a class I taught on ocean waves using a Square In a Square ruler - easy and fast way to get a lot of blocks created.

The following quilt, even though not intentionally a Christmas quilt is a pattern named Christmas Cactus. But it's more spring-like than Christmas. I'll add the appliqued borders later in the week.

Ah, back to a relaxing paper-piecing block. This will be a pillow or just a mini-quilt. Don't know which until I check my stock of stuffing.

I thought I had come up with something unique when I was playing around with left over folded triangles from my previous hot pads. Then I searched the Internet and found a whole site that has nothing but dimensional patterns and there's one identical to this one. Oh well...it's still pretty and I enjoyed producing it.

No comments:

Artist Discovery of the Week

  Eszter Bornemisza - Fiber Art &; Mixed Media