Cheryl Phillips Exploration

Along with my favorite quilt shop owner, I'll be presenting a Cheryl Phillips class later this year so I'm creating a few samples that will demonstrate how you can take her lovely designs and go a bit off the beaten path. The first blue/green one is something I've been wanting to make ever since I visited Santorini in the Greek Islands. I wanted something that reminded me of the ocean and traditional square or triangles just didn't give me what I wanted but this low contrast circular pattern seemed to fit the bill. And for those who know me, this low contrast piece is somewhat out of my typical choice of colors/contrast. The the last one is experimenting with Cheryl Phillips at Christmas.

No comments:

Artist Discovery of the Week

  Eszter Bornemisza - Fiber Art &; Mixed Media