Ready for France 2011

Finding this fabric added to my excitement about going back to France this year. I'm not sure you can see it clearly but it's a stylized map of Paris. I decided we could use some mug rugs since we'll be on a cabin cruiser going down the canals of the Rhone and won't have normal space.


Mug rugs and coasters, for wine of course! In the colors of the French flag.


And then there's my class sample I need to finish asap so I can get back to the Feathered Goose. I'm determined to master silk so I'm using silk in the window centers and petals. Then I'll tackle an entire piece using silk.

3 comments:

felicity said...

I absolutely LOVE your mugrugs and coasters! Très français!

Chinaberry Grove said...

Thanks felicity. We are so excited about our trip and I've been working avec beaucoup de diligence sur l'apprentissage du français

Cheryl Arkison said...

How exciting!
And all that silk, very daring.

Artist Discovery of the Week

  Eszter Bornemisza - Fiber Art &; Mixed Media