A Break from the Feathers

Sometimes I just need an easy project to go from zero to finished in under 48 hours. I made this baby quilt top in a fun contest with a few of my friends. The goal was to be the first to make 12 8.5" squares using 8 fabrics, with an average of 8 pieces per block, including a square in a square, a four patch, four half square triangles, a nine patch, and a few more things I can't remember. I don't know if I was smart or just lazy but I finished first because I didn't try to make the full 9" unfinished square the required block design. I made little blocks and sewed strips around them to make it the required size.



Tomorrow I'll quilt it and then get back to the feathred goose.

No comments:

Artist Discovery of the Week

  Eszter Bornemisza - Fiber Art &; Mixed Media