Redo's Sometimes Are Stress Relievers

I'm not one to undo a lot. I can forgive being a 1/16 of an inch off now and then. But when the color is wrong it knaws at me. I liked the inner colors of this block and really like the green outer border, especially since it's one of my favorite Jinny Beyer fabrics but...
... it seemed the center was cold and lonely or sitting on an island somewhere. So I changed the border to this ...
... and I reused my Jinny Beyer fabric to make this ...

And one more out of some interesting colors but still holiday-ish.


One more and I'm done with the gifts for work friends. One hot pad became a pillow since I found out it works great in a friend's bedroom - I'll stash some lavender in the back pocket and she can have sweet dreams.

Pattern and Instructions for this fast, easy block are available for $1.50. Leave me your email address in a comment an I'll send you details.

Tomorrow...finish three more blocks using a Carol Doak paper-piecing pattern.

No comments:

Artist Discovery of the Week

  Eszter Bornemisza - Fiber Art &; Mixed Media